From Study Materials for UGC NET Computer Science
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner's characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems.
- Research: Meaning, characteristics and types;
- Steps of research;
- Methods of research;
- Research Ethics;
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium;
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom commmunication.
Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series; letter series; codes;
- Relationships; classification.
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- Verbal analogies : Word analogy - Applied analogy;
- Verbal classification;
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT : meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses;
- General abbreviations and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
People and Environment
- People and environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
Higher Education System : Governance, Polity And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India;
- formal and distance education;
- professional/technical and general education;
- value education: governance, polity and administration;
- concept, institutions and their interactions.